Our Boys

Our Boys
Gavin with his brothers

Wednesday, November 17, 2010


Well, it happened again....

We worked so hard to make sure that we crossed all of our t's and dotted all of our i's but Gavin's cataract surgery was canceled again :( I am taking this as a sign...a good sign. I am going to be positive about the Dr's decision to not operate at this time and wait another month. Her reason was because his eyes are too inflamed and if she operates it could cause more damage then good! And we don't want that!

But, the drive down was still a successfully one. He got steroid injections in both eyes (ouch) and she took some specimen samples from his left eye for a study (the same study they did on his right eye a few months ago). He was in A LOT of pain when he woke up and lost his voice from screaming so much :( He kept yelling that his eyes hurt and he can't see...it was a little scary. But, we got him some ice packs for his eyes and some Tylenol and he fell right back asleep for about 45 min. He woke up feeling much better and watched some of Toy Story 3~drank a lot of water. Then it was back in the car for our 5 hr drive home (actually, we made it in 4hrs & 30 min....woohoo).

So, the plan now is to wait and see what his results will be from the study and that will determine his treatment plan. Then, if all goes well he will have his surgery on Dec. 22ND. Please keep him in your prayers. He NEEDS to have this surgery done so he can see better! The cataract is only getting worse and fast!

Also, thank you for the kind calls and facebook prayers and comments! They mean so much to us!



1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that you're able to find the good in this. Sometimes it take a while to see the silver lining. I think you're right... it has to be for the best. Maybe a little divine intervention ;)